Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Northglenn is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter regularly! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. cut the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. in Northglenn at 303-452-4146 today.