When it’s cold in Northglenn you count on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system looks to be operating well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can stop air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you might have to have a furnace repair. The more promptly you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc..
1. Your furnace is noisy. You might have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? You could have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could suggest a few specific problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your home.
4. Your electric bill keeps increasing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps climbing. This could indicate several different problems. Your HVAC professional will help sort out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and close off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC technicians to remedy.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The experts at Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.