The chilly temperatures in winter usually equate to high heating bills. Can you find ways to keep your home warm without raising your energy cost so much? Yes! Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. has some tips for you to help keep your home comfortable and your heating bills lower.
Use these tips to help improve your energy efficiency and trim down your heating bills this winter:
- Use sunny days in Northglenn to help heat your home naturally. Pull back the curtains and open the blinds so the sun can give your furnace a little [[help|boost|break]14.
- Keep the cold air from leaking in. Seal your windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- The more you can control the temperature in your home, the more you can take control of your energy usage. A programmable thermostat will get the job done and boost your home’s energy efficiency.
- Clogged, dirty furnace filters make your furnace work more and reduce your energy efficiency. Clean or replace them every three months.
- Do a quick check of your home. Are any vents or cold air returns obstructed? Clear the way for better airflow and efficiency.
- If your furnace is more than 15 years old, start researching a new energy-efficient model. This could save you the cost of emergency repairs and will help lower your energy bills for years to come.
- We all know that heat rises. Don’t let your heat rise so far and escape through the attic. Make sure it’s well insulated to keep warm air where you need it.
- Did you know heat can escape through your roof? Inspect it for loose or missing shingles and holes or areas that need to be sealed.
It may seem like managing your home’s energy efficiency is a lot of work, but with these tips, it should be a little easier. If you’re looking for more ways to increase your home’s energy efficiency, give us a call at 303-452-4146. We’ll help you keep your home comfortable year-round, even in the harshest Northglenn weather.