According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the age of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you see if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should watch for.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are completely opened, do any have weaker airflow than others?
2. Can you hear a sound other than your blower motor when you focus on the airflow?
3. Is there blockage inside your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, is there a buildup of debris or pet hair?
5. Have pests or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers pushing out dust?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to ask Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. in Northglenn about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are steps you can take to keep your ducts cleaner and extend the time between professional cleanings.
Most importantly, schedule consistent HVAC maintenance with the pros at Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.. A regular evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Inspecting your system often and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts open.
More ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dust in from areas such as your attic.
• Check your air filters on a regular basis and put in new filters when necessary.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or moist condition.
Keeping your ducts open will help you make sure the air in your Northglenn home is clean. Make sure to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning now. Call the experts at Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. at 303-452-4146 or make an appointment online.